KUDOS TEST YOUR RESEARCH IMPACT MUSCLES COMPETITION
Terms and conditions
- The competition and prize are being offered by Kudos Innovations Ltd ('Kudos') of 2a Ashurst Court, London Road, Wheatley, Oxford OX33 1ER, UK. In the event of any dispute regarding conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, our decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- A copy of the Competition Terms and/or a list of winners may be obtained by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope addressed "Competition Terms" to Kudos Test Your Research Impact Muscles Competition, Kudos Innovations Ltd, 2a Ashurst Court, London Road, Wheatley, Oxford OX33 1ER, UK Tel: +44 (0)1865 872527; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants. By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by the Competition Terms.
- Entry to the Competition requires completion of the "Test Your Research Impact Muscles" game including the provision of name, subject area, career level and institution.
- To qualify to enter the Competition you must be 18 or older. This competition is only open to researchers associated with a higher education or other research-oriented or teaching/learning institution. You must enter the Competition using your legal name and give the name of the institution you work for. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
- Employees, workers and contractors at Kudos, Research Media and associated companies (and their relatives) are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if we have reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Competition Terms. Any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original and will be subject to these Competition Terms.
- There is no purchase requirement to enter the Competition. We may dispose of entries at our discretion.
- Only one Competition entry per person is allowed. Incomplete entries will be void (in Kudos's absolute discretion). You may only enter the Competition as an individual, any entries made by individuals operating as a syndicate will be disqualified.
- All Competition entries must be made in the manner specified. Source material used by Kudos's question compilers shall be taken as correct.
- Proof of sending cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside our control.
- Individual prize winners will be chosen at random from all entries received. There are five (5) prizes to the value of USD 100 in online shopping vouchers for Amazon. Vouchers will be provided in local currency where it is reasonably possible to do so. An institutional prize winner will also be chosen at random from all entries received. The institutional prize is the creation by Research Media of ten (10) infographics each summarizing one (1) research article published by a researcher from the institution. The institutional prize is valued at £3,000 + VAT. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- Prize winners will be chosen at random from all qualifying entries within 28 days of the closing date, which is 31st December 2017. Tiebreakers, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns will be managed by a member of our staff and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator.
- Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply within the time stated may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. It is the participant's responsibility to ensure that the contact details and email address held by Kudos are valid and correct.
- We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to request a proof of identity and address in the form of a passport or driving licence and proof of your address in the form of a utility bill.
- Prizes are awarded at our discretion and prizes may be withheld, if in Kudos's reasonable opinion the prize has been won through illegitimate means or improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. If it is discovered after the prize has been released that the prize was won through illegitimate means or improper action you undertake, if required, to return the same (or provide compensation) to Kudos forthwith.
- All prizes will be sent to the winners by email. Kudos does not accept any liability or claims for prizes which are not validly received by you.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The winning entrant agrees that their name may be published and agrees to engage in reasonable publicity about the fact that they won the prize. Kudos reserves the right to retrospectively disqualify any entrant whom fails to cooperate in the implementation of this clause.
- Kudos is not liable in any way for any costs, expenses, damages, liability arising out of or in any way connected with the competition or prizes other than those costs and expenses specifically provided for in the prize. Kudos does not limit its liability for death or injury caused by its own negligence or where otherwise such limitation of liability is not permitted by law.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition.
- Kudos reserves the right to change the game format at any given time.
- The Competition will be governed by English law and the English Courts shall have sole jurisdiction.